Jacob

Jacob

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Backtrack

I realized that I haven't blogged about our remarkably unremarkable Easter and the recent visit from Grandad and Grandpaula. So, here goes:

Easter was silly. We attempted to go to 3 different Easter egg hunts but were foiled for one reason or another. The first attempt had us at the hunt too early. We then headed to another venue only to find a sleeping Dolly in the backseat. After his nap, we went to yet another egg hunt but were early, again. So, we waited around while Dolly took in the sights.



Brian and I got tired of standing around amongst the millions of, how should I say it, questionable people, and we decided to head home and put on our own egg hunt on Sunday. On Sunday, Dolly opened his Easter basket. The Easter bunny knows what this kid is into:




Oh, and he brought Brian and me baskets, too! (thanks, Nancy! I pilfered through everyone's basket and ate their Reese's cups! Yum!). We had nothing else to do but watch the rain pour down on Easter, which meant no Easter egg hunt for this guy. Oh, well...maybe next year!

A week or so later, Grandad and Grandpaula headed into town. I've gotten really bad about not taking pictures and so I have none to commemorate this event. But they were here, giving Brian and me a break at bath times, bedtimes and even one of the mornings! That's right, they came and got the kid on Saturday morning and took him away. That meant that both Brian and I could sleep in! Wow!!! There's nothing quite like it!

While with Grandad and Grandpaula, Jacob got to swim in the pool at their hotel. I'm told that he enjoyed himself and he even picked up a new favorite food: Frosted Mini Wheats. Yes, we now have to have these delightful squares of wheat topped with sugar at every meal. Grandpaula was also very kind to take Dolly clothes shopping. He continues to be the best dressed at school!! Thanks, Grandpaula and Grandad!!

No comments: