Jacob

Jacob

Sunday, May 24, 2009

9 weeks to go!

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I think I gained 7lbs this past month!! I know, isn't that crazy?? Prolly all the sweets I've been eating. Yes, unlike with Dolly, my sweet tooth in is full swing. I can pass on the fries, but I refuse to refuse the cookies!! So, yeah, I bet that's where those lbs came from.

Other than that, my Ob visit was anti-climatic, as most of them have been. I will be going back in approx. 2 weeks, whereupon I will have another ultrasound! Aren't ultrasounds so much fun?? They really are. Dr. Rainwater said that they routinely do another ultrasound sometime in the 3rd trimester, just to get an idea of how things are looking. So, we're looking forward to that.

My work threw the office manager and me a double shower last week. The office manager is due exactly 1 week before me. Everyone was so sweet to attend and I got lots and lots of great stuff...stuff that I didn't really need, per se, but wanted!! Yep, this time around, it's all about what I'd like to have, not what I need...seeing as how I have everything I need. Anyway, pictures were taken....but am I going to post any?? Absolutely not!! I look horrid in all of them...and believe or not, I'm not into posting unflattering pictures of myself....My husband?Probably. Me? No! So, you'll just have to use your imagination on this one.

Still working on all the arrangements for the sets of grandparents to be here this summer. Mike and Nancy will be here tonight and will stay through Sat. My Dad and Paula will come for a couple of weeks in June and my mom will be here in July for several weeks. All of this traveling by the family is on account that I need to work as much as possible before the little guy arrives. Jacob's school is out until the end of June, and even when it starts back up, it's only for 2 days through the middle of July. So, I need to work as much as I can, seeing as how his school doesn't accept babies until they're 6 months old, which means that I won't be headed back to work until that time. I could try to find someone to keep the little guy until he turns 6 months, but I don't want to risk putting him in a situation like I put Jacob. I still have a lot of guilt surrounding the fact that I left him with those people, the Dyers. What an awful situation that was!! So, yeah, I'll just wait until he's 6 months before I head back to work.

Anyway, as I said in my post last week, it's really nice for everyone to head this way. I'm sure I'm going to need all the help I can get. I'm actually very nervous about having a 2-year-old and a newborn. I remember what it was like with Jacob for that first little bit and I'd be sorely misleading you if I described it as "fun." In fact, "fun" is the last word I'd use to describe that period of time. So, yeah, thinking about going through that again but this time with a 2-year-old...well....let's just say I have some major trepidations. I know, I know. It will be fine. It's always the anticipation that's worse than the actual situation, right? Yeah, sounds good, anyway.

Ok, well, that's all I've got for this week. Join me next week when I'll only have 8 weeks left to go! Good lord, where has the time gone?

No comments: