Jacob

Jacob

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Good, Dean Fun

It was about time that the old crew hooked back up for some hilarity. The Dean's made their way down to VB last Saturday to spend the warm, sunny day with us.

We first went to lunch at the new, and only, Italian restaurant in VB. It just so happens that no one in the place is Italian, go figure!, and that, quite frankly, the service sucked. Brian received the brunt of the bad service, but not before he launched into Sussudio by Phil Collins. He maintains that he had been saying his order in his head over and over so that, when the time came, he'd be able to pronounce it correctly. He wanted something like the Sicilian Tortellini but, when he attempted to order it, it came out as the "Suss, Suss" before the waitress cut him off with the correct pronunciation. So, he had difficulty living that down.


Then she came and told him that they were out of tortellini and he attempted to order the Sausage Parmesan Pasta. The lady said, "Oh, the sub?" and he said, "No the pasta." She was confused and brought him a menu so that he could point to what he wanted. He did, but he ended up getting the sub anyway. When she brought out the sub, not the pasta, he mentioned that he had ordered the pasta and not the sub. She said, "Oh, well. The sub's cheaper. I'll just charge you for it instead of the pasta." So, the waitress was nice enough to charge us for the dish that Brian was served and not what he ordered. Now that's good business!


We then wrangled up the kids and headed for the park. Since William has such a bad attitude, we put him in jail on the slide. (Seriously, folks, the kid has the BEST disposition!)
He may look like he'd cut you but he's as sweet as he can be.
Willian and Jacob enjoyed swinging, running around and spending time with their dads. I was a little worried about Brian. We've had several run-ins with "other's peoples' kids" and Brian hasn't dealt with it well. Like the time we were at the playground at McDonald's. I hear Brian going, "Stop. Stop. Don't do that. Get away." I look over and he's talking to a little girl, who apparently is not letting Jacob go up the stairs. I then get the, "I f---ing hate other peoples' kids" rant. But not at this outing. He handled himself like a gentleman.

So, the outing was a success, the Dean's were great company...




...and I had the lyrics to Sussudio in my head for days.











There's this girl that's been on my mind All the time, Sussudio oh oh Now she don't even know my name But I think she likes me just the same, Sussudio oh oh

Oh if she called me I'd be there I'd come running anywhere She's all I need, all my life I feel so good if I just say the word Sussudio, just say the word Oh Sussudio

Now I know that I'm too young My love has just begun Sussudio oh oh Ooh give me a chance, give me a sign I'll show her anytime Sussudio oh oh


Ah, I've just got to have her, have her I've got to get closer but I don't know how She makes me nervous and makes me scared But I feel so good if I just say the word Sussudio just say the word Oh Sussudio, oh


Ah, she's all I need all of my life I feel so good if I just say the word Sussudio I just say the word Oh Sussudio I just say the word Oh Sussudio I'll say the word Sussudio oh oh oh Just say the word

No comments: