Jacob

Jacob

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Patent Pending

Dolly hates...ooops! didn't mean to use that word. Dolly HATES (yeah, that conveys my meaning better) to have his diaper changed. To hear him tell it, we make him contort his body while insisting he eat beets or something when it's diaper changin' time. Actually, he can't be bothered with laying down for what would be 5 seconds. What he fails to understand is that the process would only take 5 seconds if he'd just sit still and hush up. But, no, not Jacob. Changing a diaper (aka wrestling a kid) takes at least 5 minutes in this house.

I have found, however, that he can be appeased with a novel trinket, which bides me some time (usually only, like, 7-9 seconds, though). Recently, though, I've discovered something that will hold his attention for a lot longer. This item even carries over into the rest of the day. What is this amazing object, you ask?
Yep, that, my friends, is an old gas medicine bottle. See, the top of the dropper can be used as a diaper changing pacifier. So, those of you out there who wrangle with a kid at diaper time, try it and see what you think. You know you want to! And don't get any funny ideas. I've been in touch with my attorney and I've been to the invention.com website and I'm patenting this baby!

2 comments:

Sarah. said...

HAAA!! That totally worked with Alex for about a week, then he got bored of it. But we did have one nice week of fuss-free diaper-changing. What's the deal with these kids and their aversion to lying down for five seconds so that someone can wipe their bums?

The Diamonds said...

Jacob just keeps getting cuter and cuter with each passing picture. I am learning so many things by reading your blog that I hope to use on Avery one of these days.