Jacob

Jacob

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Harpy Bipthday!!

As you know, Jacob celebrated his 1st birthday last week. What you may not know is just how wild and crazy things got around here at his party.

To begin, Jacob spent his actual birthday doing what all kids want to do on their birthday: getting shots at the doctor.
That was great!! And those shots have a way of making kids feel great for several days!! So, perfect timing!

We busied ourselves all day Saturday in preparation for the big night!! While putting up the decorations, we noticed that one of the "Happy Birthday" signs was made by some illiterate dumb-o:
I should have marched myself right up to that Dollar Tree and demanded my $1 back, but I didn't want to make Jacob uncomfortable on his birthday. So, I let it go.
Once the guests arrived, everybody got down to business!
I guess the water was a cold.


Raise your hand if it's your bipthday!

Harpy Bipthday to you....Harpy Bipthday to you....Harpy Bipthday, dear Jacob....Harpy Bipthday to you!



Jacob felt too much pressure to smash his cake, so he played it cool and allowed me to feed him.

Isn't it really cool how he ate his cake in just the right way so as to make the remnants on his face match his shirt? Amazing!

Thanks to this motley crew, Jacob's 1st birthday party was a success!!


Thanks, too, to Dad and Paula for helping me pull off the social event of the year!

Next year, the Bipthday Boy turns 2. Wonder how that party will go down? Lampshades on heads? Streaking? TPing homes? With this party animal, there's no tellin'!


1 comment:

The Diamonds said...

I can't believe he is already 1. I remember when he was born. What an exciting and sad time. I have spoken to Avery and informed her she is not to get older. Think she will listen to me? I doubt it.