Jacob

Jacob

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I've been everywhere, man!

Wow! What a crazy past 11 days it's been. Let's begin with our trip to Florida to visit Grandad and Grandpaula.

Jacob and I went to yet another aeropuerto to fly solo, again, to visit the 3rd set of grandparents. Isn't he a lucky boy to have 3 sets of the great gift-givers, rule-breakers, spoilers-of-the-worst-kind in his life? Not sure if this setup will bode well for Brian and me.

Anyway, our flights to Florida were great! No big events to blog about. Oh, except for Jacob continuously kicking the seat of the gentleman in front of us, prompting him to turn around and give us a look.


Jacob didn't care. He just kept right on. Looks smooks.


We landed in Florida and were greeted by Grandad. Jacob's such a good share-er (unlike his mom) and let Grandad wear his favorite hat right off the bat.

The two of them spent lots of time in the pool together, cracking jokes and chillin'.Ok. We have to be honest. Jacob wasn't exactly pumped about the temperature of the pool. It had rained a lot in sunny Florida, leaving the pool less than tepid. Enter Grandpaula. She used her magic charm and wooed Jacob into enjoying himself.He even allowed me to chauffeur him around the pool.Brian made the trek to Florida a day later. He and Jacob commenced to being goofy together (what else is new?).And, to top off the whole trip, my Dad & Paula and Brian flew in my best friend, Julie, from Brooklyn!! A BIG surprise, belated 30th birthday present for me!! Julie, you're so sneaky!!Jacob and I hadn't seen her since October. So, he decided to show off for his Auntie Julie by demonstrating his mad, crazy crawling skills.She was impressed! See, the last time Julie saw Jacob, he cried pretty much all the time. I explained to her that not much has changed. Ok, well, he can crawl and he's got teeth, but he still pretty much fusses all the time. But he's still really, really cute!
Julie and I ran a 5k in the muggy Florida heat. Here Dolly (yes, I call him "Dolly") and I are at the finish line.I would have won the race but I had to run the 3.1 miles with Jacob on my hip. He's become quite clingy lately and refused to part from me. So, I came 2nd. Julie was a close 3rd. She didn't want to upstage me, with it being my birthday weekend and all. Our times? I ran the race under 12 minutes; Julie under 13. It seems that running with Jacob adds about 4 minutes to my time. The sacrifices a mother makes.

Brian and I celebrated our 6-year-anniversary over the weekend. Grandad and Grandpaula were nice enough to entertain little man so that Brian and I could have a romantic outing, consisting of dinner at Wendy's and watching The Strangers. There's nothing like a salad and baked potato and a gruesome horror movie to commemorate an anniversary.

While the cat's away, the mouse will play:

We decided to test Jacob's self-feeding skills by putting him in a turtle or umpire suit (you decide) and making him eat a waffle. You never know when you'll have 4 to 5 inch thick padding strapped to you. We were teaching Jacob survival skills.This challenge, he informed us, was mere child's play.

Visits go by so fast! Grandad, Jacob and I posed for our last set of pictures before boarding the plane back to Arkansas.

A big thank-you to Dad & Paula for being such wonderful hosts!! We all had a great time!!

Flights home were a-w-f-u-l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jacob was a-w-f-u-l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'Nuf said.

Jacob, Brian and I then went to Springfield, MO for 3 nights. While at the Discovery Center, Jacob and I heard the tornado sirens. We quickly loaded up in the car and began driving back to the hotel, in search of the storm. It was very scarey driving through the tornado, but we did it! We've been talking about becoming storm chasers. Not sure, though. Need to look into our insurance policies first.

So, yeah. Jacob has been pretty much any place you can name. Carolina Beach, North Carolina? Check. Kernersville, North Carolina? Check. Greensboro, North Carolina? Check. Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas? Check. Homossa, Florida? Check. Guatemala in utero? Check. Belize in utero? Check. Yes, they count, too!


1 comment:

Kat said...

That is a lot of bright white skin next to that pool. You should warn people to wear sunglasses when they look at it!