Jacob

Jacob

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thanks for the long walks and fresh air




I want to take this blog entry to thank my beautiful bloodhound, Big Billy, for keeping me trim by insisting that I take him on daily, long walks.






Due to his chronic medical condition, epilepsy, Brian and I had to have him put to sleep today.

This next thanks goes to my constant companion, Sula (aka Tuh-Tiny), for insisting that I keep the windows open for her. She taught me to enjoy the fresh air.






She was an indoor-only cat who managed to get out Saturday night. I've not seen her since.

I am deeply saddened by the loss of Billy and Sula. I've never mourned for a pet as an adult. I continue to have difficulty finding the right words to express my love for them and how much my heart hurts.

Thanks for the long walks, Billy, and the fresh air, Sula.

2 comments:

Lazarus M. Barnhill said...

Thanks for posting this about Billy and Sula. I happened to have known and appreciated both of them. They were very content animals who trusted their environment, knew they were loved and were in return very loving. My hope is that there will be comfort and consolation for you--when you all are ready to receive it.

Dotty said...

Amanda has done a marvelous job of being a mom & of accurately portraying the folks in Jacobs life and of his adventures.

At this part of your blog, that I just read for the 1st time I have to pay tribute to my 4 legged grandchildren. The joy and laughter that they brought to my life as well as the wags, purrs and licks will always stay with me. I feel honored to have had such beautiful & spirited creatures in my life. Until we all meet at the "Pearly Gates" with familiar wags, purrs and licks ....I love you Tilly & Sula.......your GrandMom