Jacob

Jacob

Thursday, March 12, 2009

February

My, my, my, I have yet to blog about our February adventures--and it's March!!

Let's begin with the week of Valentine's Day. What a great week! First Jacob gets sick with a nasty stomach bug, then me, then Brian. Make no mistake, this was sheer misery. The misery carried us through the week until my Dad and Paula got here on the weekend. As a special Valentine's Day surprise, they got Jacob this ABC Train. Just what we need around here: more stuff to push around (which translates into more stuff that I have to pick up at the end of the day) and more stuff that lights up and makes noise (which translates into more silly kid songs that I learn and find myself singing at random times during the day--"Happily we chug along, learning letters, singing songs. Happily we chug along, on the train."). Sigh. Jacob was still cranky and crabby throughout the weekend. Dad and Paula were good sports to put up with his fussiness!I guess we were do a sick spell. Jacob really hasn't been sick, save for minor ear infections here and there. Really, I don't even know how to take his temperature. So, I guess we were due.February was kinda a landmark month, though. Jacob turned 18 months! Wow! A year-and-a-half! Hard to believe. He's 27lbs and is off the chart for his height. Can't remember the exact measurement, but off the chart, folks!

Then, he and Brian took off in a plane to N.C.--I've already blogged about this event, but it bears repeating how thankful I am to Mike and Nancy for keeping the little guy while I put in some extra time at work and Brian put in some time taking a really hard test (results to be know at the beginning of April).

So, that was our February. I've noticed that beginnings of the year historically haven't been very good to Brian and me. '08 began with significant car repairs. '09 has begun with illness and medical bills. Here's to hoping that the year gets better!

No comments: