Jacob

Jacob

Monday, January 19, 2009

P-E-E-E-G

About the cutest thing I've seen and heard in a long time is my son recognizing and saying pig. On his own terms, of course, he will, when asked to identify the swine, put his lips together so tightly and form the "p" so deliberately. It takes a good 4-5 seconds for him to move from forming the "p" sound to actually saying the word. When he does, though, it's adorable. He says, "Peeeg."

My attempt to get this on video went something like this:

Me: "Dolly, what's this?" (while holding the pig)

Jacob: "Aaaarrrrgggghhh." (angry because I'm inhibiting his play)

Me: "Dolly. What is this?" (again, showing him the animal that he identified JUST before I turned on the camera)

Jacob: "Unhhhnnnnn." (anger rising)

Me: (while handing him the pig) "Dolly, what is this?"

Jacob: (takes the pig from my hand and throws it across the room)

Me: (turned the camera off)

So, I have no footage of him saying P-E-E-E-G. But he says it. And it makes me just want to squeeze him!!

No comments: