Jacob

Jacob

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas '08

Has it really been almost a month since the last time I blogged?? Shame on me!! Well, I hope to make it up to you with this picture-filled blog.

We had a wonderful Christmas!! How lucky were we that we were able to stay home and have family come to us? A true Christmas miracle!

Our first Christmas visitors were Grandad and Grandpaula. They came bearing gifts of ball pits, books and curtains!! Yeah, just what we all wanted!!!


I've had make-shift curtains in my bedroom since we bought this house on July 27th 2007. What were my make-shift curtains? Two sheets, one purple, one white, nailed up over the window. Classy? Very. Now, I have very fancy curtains with an even fancier curtain rod! Wow, we're moving up in the world!

The Simpson's came into town next, all the way from N.C.

(If you had to guess, what do you thinks makes me chuckle about this picture?)
Aunt Sara and Cousin Macie hadn't seen Dolly since July. Macie and Dolly hit it off...probably because Macie is so darn fun to be around. Aunt Sara? Well, she's fun to be around, especially when she chases you around the yard or makes googly eyes at you at McDonald's, but Dolly didn't enjoy bath time with her. As the story goes, she put Dolly in the bathtub and he, angry, stood in the corner of the tub, his back turned towards her while his butt cheeks and fists clenched with every furious scream. Apparently, he wasn't thrilled about being pulled away from his toys...and the water was a wee bit cold. So, note to readers: don't let Aunt Sara give your kid a bath.

Oh, and you may not want Grammy to babysit while you go to a movie. I can't prove it, but I think she slipped Jacob some Red Bull in his sippy cup. The video is kinda hard to see but just watch the blue blob bouncing around and listen to the shrieks.



Grandmom and Grandpa weren't able to be with us this year; the 2nd time in my life that I've not been with my family (sniff, sniff). They did send gifts, which Dolly (and Jodie) loved! Here, you'll see that it was love at 1st sight with Rudolph, for Dolly and Jodie. Really, I had to keep an eye on Jodie to make sure she didn't get the stuffed reindeer.

And don't think that we've given up on Dolly's dreams of circus stardom. Watch the human-toddler-rocket:



Brian and I want to say thanks to everyone who sent us Christmas cards. Due to budgetary restraints, we didn't send out any this year, but we certainly enjoyed seeing all of you and your beautiful wee ones!!
So, that was our Christmas!! On to 2009!!

1 comment:

Kat said...

My guess as to what makes you chuckle: Brian's head being cut off in the photo. Am I right?