Jacob

Jacob

Sunday, September 28, 2008

What we've been up to

My goodness, a lot has transpired in the past couple of weeks! Jacob and I have been to NC to visit Grandma, Grandpa and Great Grandma. We did soooo many fun things while at the beach, including actually going to the beach. I left the NC pics in NC on my mom's computer. Once she e-mails them to me, I'll have those up.

For now, here are some pics of Dolly on the carousel at the fair with Dad.



Wonder who's humoring whom?

Did you see Dolly put his arm around Brian as the carousel began to move? Love or fear? You decide.

And no, he's still not chosen to bi-pedal unassisted, although he is able. He continues to prefer crawling or being assisted by his cart or stroller.

I tell you what, though, this little boy loves his momma!


And pigs.

His newest thing? Offering you some of his food off of his nasty, mushed food-filled, grubby fingers. You'd be a jerk to refuse.

He loves to read books. Here's what he's like when he wants you to read him a book. This video also demonstrates what he's like when he needs a nap.

We have a big month ahead of us. Granddad and Grandpaula are coming to visit and so are Grammy and Grampy. Another big event occurring this month: me going to visit my best friend in NY for 5 days..... sans kid!!! Which means Brian is going to have Dolly all to himself for 5 DAYS AND 4 NIGHTS!! Won't that be fun??!! This will be the first time that I've been without my child for a significant amount of time and it will also be the first time Brian has been with Dolly for a significant amount of time...alone....unassisted by momma. Can't wait to see how that goes!! I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

The Diamonds said...

Wow, 5 days in NYC without Jacob. I'm sure you will have a great time. Enjoy it since I'm sure it won't happen often. I often dream of having a whole night alone!!

Anonymous said...

I think that Brian is as excited to ride on the Merry-Go-Round as Jacob. Both are grinning from ear to ear.
Mom