Jacob

Jacob

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Speaking in Tongues

Little man is quite the chatterbox. He is always talking away about who knows what to whomever or whatever and usually ends sentences with an upward inflection, as if asking a question.


Undoubtedly, his first word was "cat" and he's been saying this for quite some time.



More often than not, though, it sounds as though he's speaking a foreign language or in tongues. Occasionally real words and sentences pop out, unintentional, of course. I've listed below words and a fragmented sentence that were uttered through all of his prattle and I how interpret him to mean them:

"popcorn"--he'd like for you to pass some, please.
"Darfur"--he's saddened by the strife that plagues this country.
"A black man"--he hopes that one will become president in January '09.
"Rubella"--hopes he has immunity against this disease, as he's been vaccinated, like, 5 times!
"Lee Iacocca"--wonders if he could help me with the purchase of a new automobile.

So, there's that. I'm a little troubled by the fragmented sentence, in all honesty. I guess it's my fault. After all, we've not yet begun our work on subjects and verbs; still working on how to swish and spit Fluoride. Once I've got him swishing and spitting, we'll move on to making complete sentences. Until then, he'll keep me amused with his stream of consciousness and the random words that pop out...like "noodles"--he wants some.

1 comment:

MsRita said...

I enjoyed this so much. I love to hear him talk,get loud, & then quiet while saying words & word-like "words". He has a beautiful smile~~