Jacob

Jacob

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pat

34, 35 and now 36. These past 3 weeks have gone by soooo quickly. Prolly because soooo much has happened. Yes, Brian, Jacob, Jodie, Zeke and I are once again residents of NC!! Woo-Hoo!! Granted, we're residents of Mike and Nancy's for the time being, but it's NC, none-the-less!

Jacob has really taken to parroting us. He will say many things that we tell him to say, which is always good for a laugh. My personal favorite, for the time being, is "Good Lord!" Granted, if you were to hear him make this exclamation, you'd have no idea what he's saying, but we would, and we'd laugh. He's also become exceptionally fond of his pacifier. Since there's been sooo much change and upheaval, we've given it to him more often (bad idea!) and now he's almost lost without it. He calls it "Pat". Today he wanted it so badly, and while I was trying desperately not to give it to him, he began crying these huge tears and looked up at me with those big blue eyes and said, "Paaaaaaat. Paaaaat." So, yeah, he got his Pat.

I've switched doctors and things are going well in that department. The baby is in the proper position for birth and he continues to do somersaults in my belly. We think we've settled on a name: Andrew David. But don't hold us to this. We've still got some time and our taste may change between now and then.

It is kinda sad that all of our belongings are in storage. It's weird to think that our lives have been reduced to and fit in a storage unit. It's kinda depressing, really. Additionally, all the baby items are in there, too, and it's going to be a big pain in the *&^ to fish them out, seeing as how we practically played Tetris getting everything in that little unit. So, fishing these items out will undoubtedly make for good time. I mention this because I have some pics that I'd like to post, but I have no idea where my camera is located. In a box somewhere....where the rest of my life resides.

Now that things have settled down a bit, it's my intention to get back on track with my weekly blogging. We'll just see how that goes!!

No comments: